We Wrote The Book on Grounding and Earthing

Toll Free: 888.367.0888

Ask The Experts Blog

The administrative and physical control of the access to electrical disconnects, fuses circuit breakers, interlocks, switches control systems energy storage components and other hazard has the abbreviation?

Hi Maciek,

Thank you for your question regarding physical access to electrical gear.  It is our pleasure to help.

We are not exactly sure if we understand the question, but we think you are either asking about Lockout/Tagout procedures, or about signage and protection rules regarding electrical equipment. 

The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) has an excellent website dedicated to the Control of Hazardous Energy (Lockout/Tagout):


And the people who produce the National Electrical Code have an entire book dealing with regulation of Electrical Safety called NFPA 70E: Electrical Safety:


Please let me know if this provides you with enough detail and information to answer your question.  If not, please do not hesitate to send over more specific infomration so that we might better understand your issues.

Best regards,

The Engineering Team at E&S Grounding Solutions

Photo credit: http://www.flickr.com/photos/44309024@N03/5221622369/sizes/o/in/photostream/

Leave a Reply